Sunday, January 11, 2009

Training, Day #1

Today launched the first day of the sixteen-week training regimen designed to get me to the point that I can run the Lincoln Marathon in May. Today's run was a three-mile one, and I was able to accomplish it without too many problems. I was slowed a bit by a stiff wind, which I didn't even realize was blowing until I made my way around Oak Lake and was in the wide open. Once I reached the half-way point of my run and turned around, that's when the wind smacked me in the face for quite awhile. I pressed through, though, and made it all the way with no stopping. For those of you reading this who are regular runners, three miles is most-likely nothing. Maybe even laughable. While it presented a bit of a challenge to me, I am looking forward to getting to the point where I, too, can say three miles isn't much. God willing, it'll happen!

I will run again on Tuesday (four miles, I believe) and will post my thoughts again then. I'm excited to have pushed myself to undertake this process, and am looking forward to seeing the ongoing results of my training!

No comments: