Wednesday, January 7, 2009

T-minus 4 Days

Including today, I have but four days left of preliminary training before the sixteen-week training regimen leading to the Lincoln Marathon on May 3rd. The goal of the preliminary training was to be able to run for thirty minutes without stopping. I have achieved that goal, and will run twice more this week before beginning the "real" training. At that point, the training will be based on miles rather than time.

As I've mentioned in the past, I'm certainly not looking to set any speed records throughout this entire effort. I am simply setting out to finish the marathon, and I have every confidence that this goal will be achieved. It's going to take lots of effort, lots of patience, and lots of understanding from my family in the way of needed time to train. I am looking forward to the challenges which lie ahead, and will continue to post updates during my progress.

My only request is for continued prayers for strength, endurance, and a little luck. The strength and endurance are obvious, but I need the luck to avoid the injury bug. I will make the commitment to do all of the proper stretching both before and after my runs, but will still need a touch of luck to avoid becoming injured. Thanks in advance for your blessings!!

No comments: