Saturday, September 13, 2008

Huskers 38, Aggies 7

Tonight's game was exactly what I had hoped for in terms of a complete football game. It was incredibly fun to watch, as the S'kers dominated every facet of the game. The defense was stellar, and the offense was clicking on every cylinder enroute to a season-best 330 yards rushing, and 553 yards overall. They didn't score as much as I had originally thought they might, but for good reason. Head coach Bo Pelini was smart in putting in his backup quarterback at the beginning of the fourth quarter, and even his third-string quarterback in the latter stages of the game. Both got some quality playing time and precious experience. As good as the defense was playing, it was a great move, and I was thrilled to see both players take some snaps.

As I mentioned, the defense was amazing. They played tonight like the defense all of Husker Nation has dreamed about since the announcement of Bo Pelini as head coach at Nebraska. They pitched a three-quarter shut out, and I believe it could have been a complete shut out had the offense not fumbled the ball and given the Aggies first-and-goal from the three yard line. It was a beautiful thing!

So, the Huskers now go into their bye-week very confident. It would appear as though the possibilities are there that this team can at least compete with some of the marquee teams in the nation. I feel good about our chances against Virginia Tech in a couple of weeks, especially since the Hokies have to come to our house. They may not be as good as in recent years, but Coach Beamer always has his guys ready to play, and I'm betting they will give the Huskers their biggest test yet. I'll make my usual prediction closer to game time, and after I chew on and digest the season so far.

Meanwhile, how 'bout those lady Huskers??? The Nebraska volleyball team is still unbeaten, and played their final non-conference match today. They are shocking the nation as they take their undefeated status and #2 national ranking into conference play next week.

Yes, life is good in Big Red Country right now.

GO BIG RED!!

1 comment:

Laura - Altered Inspiration said...

Hey Kev, I have a newer blog I have been keeping up on a little more then my old one. And if you need anymore Pampered Chef I am a consultant now. hee hee. I am also going to be selling my jewelry at the nexus festival next weekend and going to be in the Seasons of Crafts show. Busy Busy. And having a blast with football. Ttyl I just wanted to say I love reading your blog.