Thursday, January 31, 2008

Freezin' For A Reason, '08!

It's that time of year again. The wind is bone-chilling cold, the snow is blowing and falling on about a weekly basis, and just a glance outside makes a person want to don a heavy coat and warm gloves. But all of this makes no difference to a select few of us who are preparing to participate in the annual Polar Plunge to benefit Special Olympics.

That's right - myself and about four of my coworkers will once again plunge into the icy waters of Holmes Lake in Lincoln, after the fire department finishes chopping up the ice to make it possible! I am in the process of raising funds for this benefit, and have made it easy for you to donate, should you so choose. Just follow the link below to my fundraising page, and rest assured it is all secure, fast, and easy!

If you're in the area on Saturday, February 23rd, at 10:00 a.m., feel free to dress warm and stop by Holmes Lake to cheer us on. It will be great fun, and the bigger the crowd of folks who are cheering for us, the better!! Thanks for considering a donation and your continued support and well-wishes, and I hope to see you there!

http://www.firstgiving.com/bigkev

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Kudos for undertaking this crazy ritual once again! Have you found yourself colder than usual this winter? I've found it to be one of the odd side effects of weight loss...

Kevin said...

Jeff - I have noticed being quite cold this winter. Not sure I like it, but I suppose a small price to pay for being healthier overall. The Polar Plunge ought to be more interesting this year since I don't have quite the insulation I did last year. Thanks for the comment!