Sunday, September 30, 2007

Huskers 35, Cyclones 17

Aaaaahhhhh....order hath been restored to Husker Nation, at least temporarily. Yesterday's battle against the Cyclones was one big, collective sigh of relief amongst the Sea of Red. The Blackshirts came to play yesterday and showed a tremendous amount of prowess on the field as they executed good fundamental football. It was a breakthrough performance, and a much-needed one. QB Sam Keller and the offense took awhile to get going, but shined as usual enroute to a 35-point showing. Even down by 10 points in the early goings, Keller remained poised, cool, and sharp in leading the 'Skers.

It was huge momentum-builder as the Huskers now prepare to face Missouri in Columbia next Saturday. The Tigers, you may remember from my earlier postings, were preseason picked to win the Big XII North division. They have shown why in the last few weeks, as their offense has exploded. It's going to be a tough game in an even tougher environment, as the Tiger faithful are sure to make their presence felt while Keller and company are on the field. I picked the Huskers to beat the Tigers before the season began, but during the last couple of weeks I have questioned that pick. Yesterday's performance at Memorial Stadium helped to ease my fears to a point, though I'm still not as confident as I was before the season began. We shall see, and I'll give you my usual prediction on Friday.

As I mentioned yesterday, the Lady Huskers hosted the Baylor Bears at the Coliseum last night, and once again showed why they are the best team in volleyball. No competition for Nebraska as they swept Baylor three games to none. Their next victim is Kansas State on Wednesday, again at the Coliseum.

GO BIG RED!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will gladly eat my words if/when proven wrong, but I fear this game was for fifth place in the Big 12 north this year.
KJ