Thursday, October 4, 2007

Hang in there....

Greetings dear readers. For those of you who are not into sports and could care less about the Huskers, the last few weeks have probably made you wonder if I will ever post anything worth reading before the end of the football and/or volleyball season. I very much recognize that I have not talked about much since my beloved Huskers began playing ball this year, and I do have a reason.

A few weeks ago, a letter to the editor was printed in the Lincoln paper which was authored by the head pastor at St. Paul United Methodist Church, and endorsed by some 21 other area pastors. The topic of the letter was homosexuality, and how Christians should or should not respond. As to be expected, the letter sparked a plethora of reponses, and the discussion has been ongoing ever since. I have begun working on a series of posts in regards to this letter and its subsequent responses, but I have chosen not to publish the posts until they are completed. I am close to being done, and will begin my discussion and perspective within the next several days. As always, I appreciate your patience and understanding!

That said, I had the pleasure of watching the Lady Huskers last night for the first time this season, as the local University channel broadcasted their match. Top-ranked Nebraska hosted #17 Kansas State at the Coliseum, and it was yet another sweep for the Huskers. The first two games were not close, but the Wildcats hung in there during the third game and played rather well. Still, Nebraska won and remains unbeaten and unchallenged.

GO BIG RED!!!!

No comments: