Monday, July 2, 2007

Vacation: Day Three

Wow, and I thought I wouldn't have much time to blog this week since there are so many activities on the calendar. I ought to vacation more often - this is pretty cool!

Today began at about 9:00 this morning, which was wonderful. I haven't had the chance to sleep in that late in a long time, as the kids are usually up and at 'em pretty early. We must have worn them out yesterday, so they cashed in on a few extra minutes of sleep, which in turn gave us the same opportunity.

After breakfast, I just sat at the table and worked the daily crosswords and drank coffee. And then I sat some more. I thought about doing some things, but my rear end wasn't having any of it, so I stayed planted for quite some time. I did finally decide to pack up the kids and run a couple of errands before lunch, then we decided to enjoy some Popeye's chicken which we haven't eaten since we changed our eating habits. It was every bit as tasty as I remembered it, but Mandi and I both knew full well what we had just done to our bodies. This knowledge prompted us to go for a 3-mile afternoon power walk, and we will do it again before bed tonight. Still....mmmmm....Popeye's chicken.....mmmmmm.......

I got moving on a my huge to-do list this afternoon, and got the shed completely cleaned out and reorganized. That was a huge job, and I am very satisfied and happy to have it done. There still remains quite a few projects in the back yard, but the shed cleaning was one of those nagging jobs that just wouldn't leave me alone. It's good to have it done.

After supper, I took all three of the kids on in a wrestling match, and I'm pretty sure I lost. Mommy came to my aid after awhile, though, and we turned things around to our advantage. Korynne is really beginning to walk well, and is certainly not afraid to jump right into the mix and flex her muscles. It's times like these that leave no doubt as to my role in this life. I love being a family man, and wouldn't trade it for the world.

Tomorrow, ladies and gents, starts the big party for us. We are headed out to my buddie's acreage that I referenced a couple of days ago in a post for our annual 3rd of July bash. Beer, fireworks, beer, live music, beer, friends, beer, food, and beer. Oh yeah, it's gonna be a good time! This annual bash is special to Mandi and I, as it was at this very party several years ago that she and I first met and spent some time together. It's funny to think about how neither of us had a clue that night that we would soon dedicate our lives to each other. Oh, sorry - didn't mean to get all mushy and sentimental on ya. Where was I? Oh yes, beer. I can almost guarantee that I won't blog tomorrow, but I'll be back in a couple of days to catch up and share some stories. Until then, have a great 4th!

No comments: