Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Change is Inevitable, Growth is Optional

Just chew on that title for a second before reading any further.






Done chewing, or is your mouth still full?





What a fantastic phrase, folks. Change is Inevitable, Growth is Optional. You may remember from past posts the mention of a dear friend from my college days, Jeff. Jeff has gone onto bigger, better, and wonderful things and now calls Highland, Indiana home where he is an associate pastor at Ridge United Methodist Church. He continues to pontificate about all kinds of topics, and I am a frequent visitor of his blog. I encourage you to drop in from time to time.

Yesterday, Jeff discussed a bumper sticker he noticed while out shopping with his wife. The bumper sticker read, "Change Is Inevitable, Growth Is Optional." Because Jeff has battled the bulge much like I have, his wisdom regarding this phrase was especially meaningful. I contacted Jeff this morning and asked his permission to use his words in my own post, and he has very willingly granted me the freedom. My original intentions were to just quote a few lines here and there from his post, but the more I read Jeff's words, the more I believed I would only reduce his powerful message by not using the entire post. There is an inherent risk with quoting his entire post, however. I do not want you to simply read his words on my blog, and then not take a few minutes to visit his blog. Therefore, I have chosen to simply provide a link to his post from yesterday in the hopes that you will use the link, and then continue to explore Jeff's mind through his blog.

Here is the link to the specific post about change and growth.

And here is a link to Jeff's blog.

Happy exploring!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kev! We need a new post it has been 16 days!!! Geeze :) I miss them!
-Jos