Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Polar Plunge

Some of you may be familiar with Lincoln's annual Polar Bear Plunge at Holmes Lake. For those of you who aren't, it's a Special Olympics benefit put on by the Lincoln Police Department and other agencies. Participants form teams who gather individual sponsors, then take a plunge into icy Holmes Lake! This year's event is set for February 24th, at about 10:30 a.m., and I have joined the 9-1-1 team an am in the process of gathering donations for the event. I would love to come through with a huge donation for them, and I would also love for all y'all to come watch the madness on the 24th! If you're interested in sending me a donation, contact me at meatloaf15@juno.com, and I'll let you know where you can send it. Thanks in advance for your consideration!!

No comments: