Thursday, May 3, 2007

So Close...

As my brother's wedding day quickly approaches, it seems like a good time to post an update on my healthier living efforts. When I started making lifestyle changes on January 1st of this year, my goal was to lose 70 pounds by the time I had to don the tuxedo. I knew such a feat would be pretty tough considering the wedding, at the time, was a mere 17 weeks away. But I also knew that I had a whole bunch of weight to lose, and I theorized that it would melt away provided that I stay true to the changes I had decided to make. My efforts were going quite well until last week, when I seemed to hit a plateau, if you will. I only lost a pound, which was the smallest drop I've had since I began the journey, and left me with about 8 1/2 pounds to go to achieve my goal. Honestly, I had all but thrown in the towel as I figured there was no way I could drop that much in just a week. Oh, I was still going to bust my ass as hard as I always had, but had accepted the reality of just missing my first goal.

Fast forward to Tuesday morning. I thought I would step on the scale just to see what kind of progress I was making, if any. It seems as though my body has broken from whatever holding pattern it was in, and has responded very well. I'm only 3 pounds away now from making my goal, and I think I stand a good chance of actually achieving it. Of course, you (and I) will have to wait until the official weigh-in on Saturday morning to find out if it all comes to pass. Oh, the anticipation! Oh, the agony!

See ya after the weekend!

No comments: