Thursday, May 10, 2007

Blah blah blah

Since I'm quite sure the few peeps who read this are boiling with anticipation about how things turned out this last weekend, I guess I better get to writing -

While I seemed destined to accomplish my goal of losing seventy pounds by my brother's wedding day, my body decided to slow way down towards the end of the week and I ended up falling three pounds shy. I was somewhat disappointed, only because the scale at the beginning of the week showed such promise. But alas! 'Twas not to be. To add insult to injury, with all of the beer I consumed this weekend, and the bad foods I was subjected to through the prenuptial dinner and post-prenup festivities, and the wedding itself, I have worked hard this week just to get back to where I was last week. Not good, but I've forgiven myself and moved on. My next goal is to feel confident baring my hairy chest at the water park in August. So long, man-boobs!

More importantly, my bro's wedding was quite the adventure. For those who are unaware, my brother married my wife's sister. Before you turn up your nose, or shout the in-bred redneck comments, just take a deep breath, sit down, and think about that for a second. There really isn't anything wrong with one's brother marrying one's wife's sister. It's perfectly okay.

Right?

We had a great rehearsal Friday night, then it was on to the bar to karaoke and imbibe. We nearly closed the joint down, and went home to rest up for Saturday. After a long day of kid-tracking, pictures, and best-man duties, the appointed hour arrived. As the ceremony began, so did the rain, and what a rain it was. More like a monsoon, really. Lincoln was flooded in several areas, the likes of which our area hasn't seen in many years. Cars floating, creeks overflowing, debris washed away. It finally quit about the time our limo arrived to take the wedding party for a ride, and as we stepped outside to get in, we witnessed a tornado forming off to the north. I have no idea how far off it was, but it was quite the amazing sight. The photographer got a picture of the wedding party with the tornado in the background, which I will post as soon as I have access to it.

The reception went off without a hitch, and the following evening we met as a family to watch the new couple open gifts. Chris and Kristin left Omaha on Monday morning, bound for their honeymoon in Riviera Maya. Life is back to normal here in L-Town, or at least as normal as life gets with three kids who are boundless, endless balls of energy.

My day is winding down now, and we have just put Lincoln's newest little one-year-old to bed. Korynne celebrated this evening with a trip to the park with her family, and then her first full-blown chocolate ice-cream cone. Okay, so, it wasn't really her own. But she had a ball helping me eat mine! Her party is next Saturday morning, and I'm quite sure it'll be a landmark event. As Mandi alluded to earlier, it seems hard to imagine it's already been a year since we were in the hospital having just welcomed Korynne to our lives. She is such a little lovebug, and we can't imagine life without her.

Okay, I'm closing this post now. I am all over the place tonight, with no real purpose but to just blab. Peace, grace, and love.

No comments: