Sunday, April 20, 2008

I'm Still Alive!!!!!

How in God's name can it be April 20th already? How is that possible?? I swear I just finished wrapping gifts and placing them underneath the Christmas tree, and yet here we are on the verge of Spring already. Funny how that works, because as fast as time has seemingly blown right on by, this winter has been especially long and harsh, at least compared to the last several Nebraska winters.

But I didn't come here to tell you that today.

Actually, I'm not at all sure what exactly I did come here to tell you. I've got so many different topics floating around in the dark crevices of my bean that I'm not so sure where to begin. In all honesty, I guess the real reason for this particular post is to simply let you know that I am still amongst the living and breathing. I'm still here. Usually. At least in the flesh.

Still, for lack of a better way of recapping all that has occurred since the last time I posted anything (which was about the exciting end to the adoption proceedings - you can read it here), I'm going to provide a short list of the events that have taken place:

Our church hosted its biggest outreach event of the year the weekend before Easter, called the Big Hunt. Hundreds of kids and their parents, thousands of candy-stuffed plastic eggs, tons of prizes, tons of food, tons of fun. My wife was a volunteer, which took lots of her time during the few weeks before the event. My contribution was to stay home with the kids so she could contribute directly. That's okay, right?

Our house officially went on the market several weeks ago, and we have begun looking for a bigger and better place. We have sort of stalled though. We've had a couple of serious lookers, but they have not panned out. At least not yet. Things just aren't moving very fast right now, though we've been told the market is on the brink of change. Still, it's proven to be an excruciating process thus far, if for no other reason that the waiting game.

Kaedyn started Spring soccer. He's in a more competitive league this year, though still run by the YMCA. He has really made some progress in his abilities. It's enough to bring tears of pride to his Dad's eyes. His first few games were on Friday evenings, which prevented me from attending due to work. But he had one this afternoon (Sunday), so I finally got to see him play. He really has command of his game, and communicates with his teammates very well. He even scored this afternoon, too! It was quite exciting!!

Mandi and I attended her sister's wedding in Florida this past weekend. It was amazing. Seriously. We flew out of Omaha early Saturday morning, and it was blowing, snowing, and cold. When we landed on Marco Island, Florida, it was 86 degrees, sunny, and wonderful! We spend three days at Marco Beach Ocean Resort, and made the absolute most of our time. We went on a excursion to see dolphins and hunt for sea shells, spent lots and lots of time on the beach, went on a private cruise into the gulf to watch the sunset, then enjoyed a fancy dinner and drinks after the wedding itself. An incredible time we won't soon forget, and I will post pictures very soon.

And finally, you had to know this was coming. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the Huskers officially kicked off the Bo Pelini era with their annual Red-White Spring Game this weekend. It was only the second time in NCAA history that a Spring game has been sold out. 82,000+ packed the old stadium to cheer on the...uh...er...Big Red, and, um, Big White, I guess. Anyway, so it was just a practice. If you don't know anything about Husker Football, I can't possibly expect you to understand. It's exciting. Anticipation is once again very high, and lots of folks are hoping the new coaching staff will usher in some good old fashioned Nebraska-style smash-mouth football.

Well, that's mostly it. I've had a few other events dotted in and amongst what I have listed above. Definitely enough to keep me very busy. I will leave you with this - I briefly mentioned in the past a new adventure I have begun. I am growing more and more passionate about this adventure with each passing day. I am going to do a full write-up on it in my next post, which will be in the next few days, and I can't wait to tell you about it. Until then, peace.

No comments: