Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year Thoughts

As I type this post, there is approximately 37 minutes remaining of 2007, and what a year it has been. As I look back on all the events, I must say the one achievement I am most proud of is my healthier living. As a result of choosing to eat right and exercise daily, I have lost right around 110 pounds. I feel better, look better, and fit into clothes I never dreamed I'd put on again.

All of that said, my weight loss has slowed way down over the last few weeks, and I took on an attitude of maintaining, as opposed to losing. I am disappointed in myself, to a degree, as I set a goal before the holidays to continue to lose despite the temptations of holiday goodies and heavier eating. Alas! As the end-of-the-year holiday traditions unfolded, I became a bit too weak. I haven't gained any weight back, but I haven't lost, and I haven't eaten nearly as healthy as I know I should.

Thus, I am making another resolution, just as I did on New Year's Day last year, to eat healthy and continue to shed the weight. I am also going to meet with several folks who are experienced marathon runners so that I might really get into the finer points of training to run that marathon in the Spring of 2009. It seems only fitting, as I celebrate one full year of healthy life-style changes, to recommit, refocus, and get back in the game!

Happy New Year to all of you! May your dreams and wishes come true, and may your days and weeks be full of God's grace and blessings!!

Peace.

No comments: