Friday, August 24, 2007

It's Official!

After many agonizing days of fluctuation and plateauing, I have finally eclipsed the century mark with my weight-loss efforts. The scale today showed a 101-pound total loss from when I began in January. Funny thing is, I'm not all that excited about it. To be sure, I know such an achievement is something to be proud of, and certainly something worth celebrating. But I'm still not thrilled about what I see when I look in the mirror, and I know I have a ways to go yet before I'm completely satisfied. I will use this moment as continued motivation to continue the healthy living changes I've become so accustomed to, because I feel so much better physically and mentally as a result. Clothes are fitting better, and I can do certain things now that I was unable to before I began losing the weight.

Make no mistake, I'm proud of the achievement, but I'll be ecstatic when I start getting down to a weight I don't remember ever being in my lifetime. I was setting the goal of losing the weight in 20-pound increments, as concentrating on a smaller amount seemed to work the best. Now, however, the weight is coming off a little slower, so I think I'll change to 10-pound increments. That said, here's to the next 10!!!

No comments: